- What is the cost of this COVID-19 Test?
We offer several different Test result options:
- 3-Hour Results - Sample between the hours of 7:00am and 2:00pm, 7 Days a Week $699 (For testing outside of these hours, please call us)
- 5-Hour Results - Sample between the hours of 7:00am and 2:00pm, 7 Days a Week $450
- Same-Day Results - Sample between 7:00am and 9:00am, 7 Days a Week - Results by 7pm same day - $150
- Next-Day Results - Sample between 7:00am and 2:00pm, 7 Days a Week Results by 7pm next day - $99
- Do I perform the self-sampling at the lab?
Yes, all sampling is done, in your vehicle, at the lab.
- EXAMPLE TEST RESULT REPORTS
Click Here to view a Sample Negative COVID-19 Results Report.
Click Here to view a Sample Positive COVID-19 Results Report.
- Are you CLIA Certified?
Click Here to view our CLIA Certificate.
Click Here to view our Certificate of Registration.
- How soon will I get my results?
We offer 4 different Test result options:
- 3-Hour Results - 3- Hours after sampling
- 5-Hour Results - 5 Hours after sampling
- Same-Day Results - By 7pm the Same-Day
- Next-Day Results - By Next-Day 7pm
- Can I reschedule or cancel my test?
You can reschedule as many times as you would like, free of charge, as long as you haven't taken the test. There is a cancellation fee of $45 if you decide to cancel. Please see our refund policy page HERE.
- Is this test accepted for traveling?
Our tests are accepted for MOST travel locations but there may be exceptions for certain destinations. We are performing rt-PCR (aka PCR) molecular testing which is the gold standard for testing. Please note that it is your responsibility to check the travel testing guidelines for your destination. We are not a Hawaii trusted travel partner at this time. Please call with any questions (925) 237-1701.
- UK travelers
McCampbell Analytical's PCR test meets and exceeds performance standards of ≥97% specificity, ≥80% sensitivity at viral loads above 100,000 copies/ml. Our test is >99% specific and >95% sensitive at 3,000 copies/ml (Over x30 times better than required).
- Hawaii travelers
We are NOT a Hawaii Trusted Partner. Our results are accepted worldwide, but Hawaii has decided that if your company is not large enough, you may not become a Hawaii Trusted Partner. The criteria that they have chosen their partners with are unfortunately NOT based on method performance or science. We're sorry, but using our results for travel to Hawaii is a risk that you should probably NOT take. Safe travels.
- What kind of testing is this?
This test is a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) that is more commonly known as RT-PCR or Molecular testing.
- What if I drop the swab/sample kit and its gets dirty or wet?
Do not use a swab or test kit that has been damaged, dropped, dirty, or contaminated. Cleanly collected samples will ensure accurate test results. Immediately let our on site staff know of the problem so we can give you replacement sampling materials.
- Does the nasal swab hurt?
Sampling should not hurt. It should be very similar to picking your nose. Insert the swab 3/4 of an inch (1.5CM) scrub against nostril for 10 seconds on each side.
- How accurate is RT-PCR testing?
The CDC test currently in use, the same test we use, has been found to be very accurate. You can find out more about it here: HCP Fact Sheet.pdf
- Can I use these results to file an EDD claim such as disability or paid family leave?
While this is a doctor prescribed test, this analysis may not replace or override previous or future examination/diagnostic testing required to be performed by a healthcare provider.
- Do you accept insurance?
While our test is private and costs are paid by you out of pocket, your insurance may reimburse you for the testing. We provide the necessary receipt for you to file this claim with your insurance. You can see an example receipt here: Sample Receipt
- Can I get a refund if I have to cancel the test before I Self-Sample?
We do offer refunds if you have not sampled yet. You may reschedule at anytime for free, but there is a $45 surcharge on all cancelled orders. Please see our Refund Policy for more details.
- Patient Fact Sheet for PCR testing
Patient fact sheet.
- Healthcare Provider fact sheet for PCR testing
HCP Fact Sheet.
- Is MAI HIPAA Compliant?
Yes. MAI is HIPAA compliant.
- Is this test authorized by the FDA?
- This test has been authorized by FDA under EUA for use by authorized laboratories.
- This test has been authorized only for the detection of nucleic acid from 2019-nCoV, not for any other viruses or pathogens.
- This test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnotic tests for detection and/or diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
- This test has not been FDA cleared or approved.
- What do I do if I test positive?
If you test positive, please follow the CDC guidelines: stay home, isolate, contact your healthcare provider by phone. More information can be found Here.