- What is the cost of this COVID-19 Test?
We offer 4 different Test result options:
- 5-Hour Results - Sample between the hours of 8:30am and 4:00pm - $450
- Same-Day Results - Sample between 8:30am and 9:30am - Results by 7pm same day - $250
- Next-Day Results - Sample between 8:30am and 9:30am Results by 7pm next day - $180
- 2-5 Day Results - Sample between 10:00am and 2:00pm. Results by 7pm in 5 working days - $130
Our COVID-19 Test includes one (1) throat or nostril self-sampling swab, one (1) sample collection tube, one (1) resealable bag and electronic results. Pick-up and drop-off in Pittsburg, Ca. b
- Can I do the self-sampling when I pick up the test?
Yes, the test pick-up and sample drop off can be combined in one stop.
- Can I get the Test shipped to me?
We currently only offer pick up and drop off in Pittsburg, CA.
- What information is on my results report?
Click Here to view a Sample Negative COVID-19 Results Report.
Click Here to view a Sample Positive COVID-19 Results Report.
- Are you CLIA Certified?
Click Here to view our CLIA Certificate.
Click Here to view our Certificate of Registration.
- How soon will I get my results?
We offer 4 different Test result options:
- 5-Hour Results - Sample between the hours of 8:30am and 4:00pm ($450)
- Same-Day Results - Sample between 8:30am and 9:30am and receive your results by 7:00 pm that evening. ($250)
- Next-Day Results - Sample between 8:30am and 9:30am and receive your results by 7:00 pm that evening. $180
- 5-Day Results - Sample between 10:00am and 2:00pm and receive your results by 7:00 pm in 5 working days. $130
Our COVID-19 Test includes one (1) throat or nostril self-sampling swab, one (1) sample collection tube, one (1) resealable bag and electronic results. Pick-up and drop-off in Pittsburg, Ca.
Due to fixed capacity, some results may take up to 72hrs.
- Is this test accepted for traveling?
Our tests are accepted for MOST travel locations but there may be exceptions for certain destinations. We are performing rt-PCR (aka PCR) molecular testing which is the gold standard for testing. Please note that it is your responsibility to check the travel testing guidelines for your destination. Please call with any questions (925) 237-1701.
- What kind of testing is this?
This test is a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) that is more commonly known as RT-PCR or Molecular testing.
- Can I purchase more than one Test for my household?
You can order multiple tests, however, each individual being tested MUST complete the CDC-recommended eligibility screening and each individual must have their own registration and email for each COVID-19 test. All COVID-19 tests must be ordered separatley.
- Should I get tested even if I don't feel sick?
Some people can have COVID-19 and not have any symptoms. You can protect your family and friends by getting tested. Other people, who may work in high risk jobs such as first responders, people who work with the elderly, health care workers or people who have contact with the general public, may want to get tested on a regular basis to ensure that they do not have COVID-19
- Do I have to have symptoms to qualify for testing?
You can get tested, regardless if you have symptoms. If you are in the high risk group, believe that you have been exposed or just want to have peace of mind, you qualify for testing.
- What do I do if I test positive?
If you test positive, please follow the CDC guidelines: stay home, isolate, contact your healthcare provider by phone. More information can be found Here.
- What if I drop the swab/sample kit and its gets dirty or wet?
Do not use a swab or test kit that has been damaged, dropped, dirty, or contaminated. Cleanly collected samples will ensure accurate test results. Contact McCampbell for a replacement test kit. Shipping charges may apply.
- What if I spill the liquid inside of the collection tube?
The liquid inside the collection tube is sterile media needed to appropriately preserve and test your sample. If you spill or accidentally dump it, please call (925) 237-1701 for a replacement kit. Shipping charges may apply.
- Does the nasal swab hurt?
Mild discomfort is likely during collection. Sample both nostrils by inserting swab 3/4 inch & rotate inward 5 seconds each. Swab must only make contact with nostril and collection tube.
- Are there preparation steps before taking my sample?
Samples should be collected as cleanly as possible. The person collecting the sample should thoroughly wash their hands, wear gloves, and collect the sample in a clean environment.
- How accurate is RT-PCR testing?
The CDC test currently in use, the same test we use, has been found to be very accurate. You can find out more about it here: HCP Fact Sheet.pdf
- Can I use these results to file an EDD claim such as disability or paid family leave?
While this is a doctor prescribed test, this analysis may not replace or override previous or future examination/diagnostic testing required to be performed by a healthcare provider.
- Do you accept insurance?
While our test is private and costs are paid by you out of pocket, your insurance may reimburse you for the testing. Please check with your insurance to see if reimbursement is possible.
- Can I get a refund if I have to cancel the test before I Self-Sample?
We do offer refunds if the kit has not been pick up yet. There is a $20 surcharge on all cancelled orders. Please see our Refund Policy for more details.
- Patient Fact Sheet for PCR testing
Patient fact sheet.
- Healthcare Provider fact sheet for PCR testing
HCP Fact Sheet.
- Is MAI HIPAA Compliant?
Yes. MAI is HIPAA compliant.